Friday, March 20, 2009

headphones, crankcase vent and some riding!!

I've sprung the cash to have these ear plugs made at the bike show this year by-- www.plugup.com and I'm very happy. The ear buds are shure headphones I picked up from E-bay and they were new. They come with different size cones that you choose to fit your ear. They work good but not great under a helmet for two reasons. The ear bud works it's way out after a while of riding and they don't block much wind noise. Not blocking wind noise also means you must crank up the volume more.
With the custom molded deal I can ride at and speed and I don't have to go much louder than sitting in the house. They also work as perfect ear plugs when I have the Ipod off. The whole deal cost me about $225 bucks. Very pricey but no hassles with them falling out and being a distraction. I think it was worth the money and they should last me I hope around five years.

Ipod mounted and very secure in the ram mount. It dosen't seem to vibrate at all. I think the new lighter pistion I installed over winter cut down a ton of vibration.


See that black tube with the wire on it!! The wire is securing the PCV mod I did to the crankcase of the KLR. It seems to be working but I think all the folks on the forums are odd to say it makes a HUGE difference. Honestly I can't truly tell it's there! Well maybe slightly with high speed roll-on. I know the guy Cary who developed the pistion kit said to add this mod. Kind of odd and maybe one day I'll put a vacuum gauge on the case to see it really works....

I think this duck is really cool. My two year old has six of these in multiple colors. Had to grab the green one for myself. Used some loctite glue and he has stayed put after a few rides..
These pic's are one of the locks on the Hennepin Canal and the water was very high since the large amount of rain we had this spring. Heres some more info on the canal--http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/r1/HENNPIN.HTM

This a very cool covered bridge just north of Princeton IL. I guess the bridge gets a lot of attention in the winter when it's covered in snow. If you google it you'll see what I mean.
It was cool to see compared to the one I rode out to in Michigan years ago. The one in Michigan was a little plain in it's build. Just kind of like a old garage they tossed over the creek and neglected.
The bridge is very modern and has water sprinklers and a fire alarm. It was also swarming with cameras. That didn't help me out much since I needed to go pee and felt uncomfortable going off in the woods there to take care of it.
If you click the picture you can read it!! That is a bullet hole in the sign and looks like it happened a long time ago.
a little humor I think!!! The bridge seems very sturdy..

No comments: